THEATER REVIEW: ‘HOBOKEN TO HOLLYWOOD' AT THE EDGEMAR (LA TIMES - Reviewed By Daryl H. Miller, Nov. 2, 2010)
- "The show is a winner. . .It's a mass seduction. . .You've got an audience tapping its toes and grinning ear to ear." Read more. . .
GO! FROM HOBOKEN TO HOLLYWOOD: A JOURNEY THROUGH THE GREAT AMERICAN SONGBOOK (LA WEEKLY - Reviewed By Lovell Estell III, Oct. 25, 2010)
- "Musical director (Paul) Litteral and his nattily dressed 12-member band combine into a flawless, robust performance redolent of the best of Ellingtoin or Basie. Luca Ellis is a knockout from start to finish as the Crooner. How good is he? If you close your eyes while he sings familiar tunes such as "That's Life," "New York, New York" and "Fly Me to the Moon," you'd swear the Chairman himself had come back for one last encore. . .Masterfully woven together by director Jeremy Aldridge. . ." Read more. . .
HOBOKEN TO HOLLYWOOD: A JOURNEY THROUGH THE GREAT AMERICAN SONGBOOK (BACKSTAGE WEST - Reviewed By Les Spindle, Nov. 17, 2010)
- "What drives this richly atmospheric concoction is Ellis' smashing star turn, as this gifted performer channels Frank Sinatra. . . James W. Thompson’s art direction create an intoxicating ambiance . . . " Read more. . .
OL' BLUE EYES RETURNS TO HOLLYWOOD (Riveting Riffs Magazine- Reviewed by Ethan Silver - Nov. 10, 2010)
- "From Swinging On A Star, to Young At Heart, enthusiasts will revel in a live performance of the best music from the good old days where music had class, Sinatra was king and life was simple in Hoboken to Hollywood." Read more. . .
HOBOKEN TO HOLLYWOOD (Stagehappenings.com- Reviewed by Carol Kaufman Segal)
- "Suave and handsome Luca Ellis is the epitome of Frank Sinatra in his early years. Ellis has Sinatra's phrasings, his mannerisms, his style and even his personality." Read more. . .
LUCA ELLIS TAKES EDGEMAR HOBOKEN TO HOLLYWOOD (Musicals In LA- Oct. 20, 2010)
- "This is a show not to miss. . .Ellis weaves an irresistible spell over the audience with spot-on vocals and an elegant commanding presence. . .He's joined by some outstanding professional musicians. . ." Read more. . .
HOBOKEN TO HOLLYWOOD AT EDGEMAR CENTER ( LA Theatre Review - Reviewed by Joel Elkins Nov. 1, 2010)
- "The focus of the show is the brilliant lead performance of Luca Ellis. . .He successfully channels the man and the musician. Ellis and his blue eyes. . .shouldn't change a thing." Read more. . .
HOBOKEN TO HOLLYWOOD (The Government Center Gazette & Van Nuys News Press - Nov. 1, 2010)
- "Absolutely one of the very best shows this year. I recommend you make your reservations now, this is going to be a sell-out." Read more. . .
Feel Frank Sinatra's "Old Black Magic" in "Hoboken to Hollywood" (EXAMINER.com Los Angeles - Reviewed By Audrey Linden, Oct. 31, 2010)
- "He is not a Frank Sinatra impersonator; rather, he embodies Sinatra's smooth sound and signature phrasing. I closed my eyes, and the rich crooner sound was, undeniable, "Old Blue Eyes." I had chills running down my spine." Read more. . .
THEATER REVIEW: HOBOKEN TO HOLLYWOOD (SANTA MONICA MIRROR - Reviewed By Beverly Cohn, Oct. 21, 2010)
- "A musical and visual treat. . .Thrilling. . ." Read more. . .
HOBOKEN TO HOLLYWOOD; SWOONING IS BACK! (SOCAL - Reviewed By Laurel Belgreen, Oct. 20, 2010)
- "It's okay if you swoon. . .Luca Ellis is the Sexiest Man On The Planet. . . .The entire cast is splendid. . .It's a magnificent production, better than other current shows. . ." Read more. . .
I ONLY CAUGHT ONE PRODUCTION ON THE WEEKEND, BUT IT WAS A WILD ‘N' WONDERFUL WINNER! (TOLUCAN TIMES - Reviewed By Pat Taylor, Oct. 27, 2010)
- "What a spectacular musical adventure. . . I loved every magical moment! If there was a "re-run button," I would've sat there and watched it again from start to finish." Read more. . .
- © copyright 2009 Get Down With It Productions. All Rights Reserved. Website by: Goddess Design